Disk Limitation - Storage

This is a discussion on Disk Limitation - Storage ; We have just configure a Cabin of disks with 7 physical disks (730Gb each one). We configured a Virtual disk with Raid 5 and Hot Spare. The total available space for the hole Raid is 4 Tb. When we open ...

  1. Disk Limitation

    We have just configure a Cabin of disks with 7 physical disks (730Gb each
    one). We configured a Virtual disk with Raid 5 and Hot Spare. The total
    available space for the hole Raid is 4 Tb.

    When we open the Administrator Disk Management in Windows 2003 Server
    Enterprise Edition (Service Pack 2) we can see the 4 Tb in two unallocated
    spaces of 2 Tb each. In the first unallocated sapce we can do everithing
    (create partitions, create drives, etc) but in the second one we can do
    anything.

    Is there any disk space limitation in Windows 2003 Server ? or we are having
    another problem, perhaps with our Dell Cabin...

  2. Re: Disk Limitation

    2TB is the limitation of a MBR disk, you need to convert the disk to GPT
    first

    see FAQ : http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/GPT_FAQ.mspx

    HTH,
    Edwin.

    "Juan Bautista" wrote in message
    > We have just configure a Cabin of disks with 7 physical disks (730Gb each
    > one). We configured a Virtual disk with Raid 5 and Hot Spare. The total
    > available space for the hole Raid is 4 Tb.
    >
    > When we open the Administrator Disk Management in Windows 2003 Server
    > Enterprise Edition (Service Pack 2) we can see the 4 Tb in two unallocated
    > spaces of 2 Tb each. In the first unallocated sapce we can do everithing
    > (create partitions, create drives, etc) but in the second one we can do
    > anything.
    >
    > Is there any disk space limitation in Windows 2003 Server ? or we are

    having
    > another problem, perhaps with our Dell Cabin...

+ Reply to Thread