hard drive access denied - Storage

This is a discussion on hard drive access denied - Storage ; I am trying to access the hard drive taken from my laptop via a USB hard drive case and holder. When I try to access the My Documents folder, I get "access denied". I know the password, but never get ...

  1. hard drive access denied

    I am trying to access the hard drive taken from my laptop via a USB hard
    drive case and holder. When I try to access the My Documents folder, I get
    "access denied". I know the password, but never get asked for it. How do I
    get to these files... the laptop the drive is from is fried.

  2. RE: hard drive access denied

    It sounds like the permissions may be preventing you from accessing the
    folder. Try taking ownership or changing the folder permissions using
    Windows Explorer.

    "Charles Fisher" wrote:

    > I am trying to access the hard drive taken from my laptop via a USB hard
    > drive case and holder. When I try to access the My Documents folder, I get
    > "access denied". I know the password, but never get asked for it. How do I
    > get to these files... the laptop the drive is from is fried.

+ Reply to Thread