Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff - Storage

This is a discussion on Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff - Storage ; Hi people I'm having this same problem I have SBS2003 R2 SP2 When i try to use ntbackup it returns the message: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: 4mm DDS Media name: ""Pembroke BK 24/11/2005 AT 22:12"" Volume shadow ...

  1. Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff

    Hi people

    I'm having this same problem

    I have SBS2003 R2 SP2

    When i try to use ntbackup it returns the message:

    Backup Status
    Operation: Backup
    Active backup destination: 4mm DDS
    Media name: ""Pembroke BK 24/11/2005 AT 22:12""

    Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
    Timeout before function completed

    Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff.

    Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:ffffffff
    Aborting Backup.

    ----------------------

    The operation did not successfully complete.

    ----------------------

    I've tried to register dll
    I've applied SP2 to Windows 2003 and SBS2003

    Nothing worked

    I'm asking you help if anyone already experienced this problem and solved it
    sucessfuly

    Tk.

  2. RE: Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff

    Hi Tk,

    May be you can try again
    URL http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940032

    The above article has review on : October 11, 2007 Revision : 2.1

    Hope it can help!

    Thanks,
    Randal

    "DR" wrote:

    > Hi people
    >
    > I'm having this same problem
    >
    > I have SBS2003 R2 SP2
    >
    > When i try to use ntbackup it returns the message:
    >
    > Backup Status
    > Operation: Backup
    > Active backup destination: 4mm DDS
    > Media name: ""Pembroke BK 24/11/2005 AT 22:12""
    >
    > Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
    > Timeout before function completed
    >
    > Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0xffffffff.
    >
    > Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:ffffffff
    > Aborting Backup.

    > The operation did not successfully complete.

    > I've tried to register dll
    > I've applied SP2 to Windows 2003 and SBS2003
    >

    > Nothing worked
    >
    > I'm asking you help if anyone already experienced this problem and solved it
    > sucessfuly
    >
    > Tk.

+ Reply to Thread