Quotas - Storage

This is a discussion on Quotas - Storage ; I'd like to introduce share quotas on a Windows 2003 Storage Server (not R2) - is this possible or can someone recommend any software to do it? Thanks....

  1. Quotas

    I'd like to introduce share quotas on a Windows 2003 Storage Server (not
    R2) - is this possible or can someone recommend any software to do it?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Quotas

    Quotas are inbuild on any version of WS03, but they are set at the volume
    level and are for the whole volume. They are pretty limited though, I'd
    recommend upgrading to R2 since the quotas are really good and the other
    file server features like file screening and advanced reporting make it a
    great file server.
    "Mark Davis" wrote in message
    > I'd like to introduce share quotas on a Windows 2003 Storage Server (not
    > R2) - is this possible or can someone recommend any software to do it?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Quotas

    Thanks. Is there any 3rd party software which may do the job?

    "Jeremy" wrote in message
    > Quotas are inbuild on any version of WS03, but they are set at the volume
    > level and are for the whole volume. They are pretty limited though, I'd
    > recommend upgrading to R2 since the quotas are really good and the other
    > file server features like file screening and advanced reporting make it a
    > great file server.
    > "Mark Davis" wrote in message
    >> I'd like to introduce share quotas on a Windows 2003 Storage Server (not
    >> R2) - is this possible or can someone recommend any software to do it?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

  4. Re: Quotas

    I'm sure there is, but not any I've had experience with. If you are willing
    to use 3rd party software why not consider upgrading to WS03 R2. The quotas
    in it are really good.
    "Mark Davis" wrote in message
    > Thanks. Is there any 3rd party software which may do the job?
    >

    > "Jeremy" wrote in message
    >> Quotas are inbuild on any version of WS03, but they are set at the volume
    >> level and are for the whole volume. They are pretty limited though, I'd
    >> recommend upgrading to R2 since the quotas are really good and the other
    >> file server features like file screening and advanced reporting make it a
    >> great file server.
    >> "Mark Davis" wrote in message
    >>> I'd like to introduce share quotas on a Windows 2003 Storage Server (not
    >>> R2) - is this possible or can someone recommend any software to do it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread