W2K3R2 & iSCSI "failover" - Storage

This is a discussion on W2K3R2 & iSCSI "failover" - Storage ; Hi, I got n W2K3R3 (consider n=2) handling a DFS namespace. The first server initiate a iSCSI connection on iSCSI disks, mount them and export some DFS links. If the server go down, how configurate the second server to automatically ...

  1. W2K3R2 & iSCSI "failover"

    Hi,

    I got n W2K3R3 (consider n=2) handling a DFS namespace. The first server
    initiate a iSCSI connection on iSCSI disks, mount them and export some DFS
    links.
    If the server go down, how configurate the second server to automatically
    initiate iSCSI connection and replace transparently the first server for the
    clients ?

    (Any links on documentation will be welcome)

  2. Re: W2K3R2 & iSCSI "failover"

    Use MSCS and create a cluster.

    ~kenny

    "Thierry" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got n W2K3R3 (consider n=2) handling a DFS namespace. The first server
    > initiate a iSCSI connection on iSCSI disks, mount them and export some
    > DFS links.
    > If the server go down, how configurate the second server to automatically
    > initiate iSCSI connection and replace transparently the first server for
    > the clients ?
    >
    > (Any links on documentation will be welcome)

  3. Re: W2K3R2 & iSCSI "failover"

    "Kenny Speer" wrote in message
    > Use MSCS and create a cluster.

    Ok, thanks