About Windows Storage 2003 Server and NFS Unix nfs share - Storage

This is a discussion on About Windows Storage 2003 Server and NFS Unix nfs share - Storage ; Hi, i need to create a cluster file server for access to a remote filesystem on my NAS; i see that exist a Windows 2003 Storage Server" O.S. that is specify for a Fil Server role. At this poitn i ...

  1. About Windows Storage 2003 Server and NFS Unix nfs share

    Hi,

    i need to create a cluster file server for access to a remote filesystem on
    my NAS; i see that exist a Windows 2003 Storage Server" O.S. that is
    specify for a Fil Server role.

    At this poitn i think to create a cluster with ""Windows 2003 Storage
    Server" bu have some question about it :

    I need to permit access a share A to all windows 2003 client for read and
    write ; can i do ti ?

    I need to permit acces a share B to all Unix/linux client via NFS (like
    unix) with a mount for read & write ; can i do ti ?

    I need to permit access a share C to all client (windows/unix) for reada and
    wire so in "mixed mode"; can i do ti ?

    With Windows 2003 Storage Server can i do it ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: About Windows Storage 2003 Server and NFS Unix nfs share

    Question: Can I cluster Windows 2003 Storage Server ?

    Answer: Ask you OEM vendor. There are various Editions of this OS available,
    but as this is an OEM OS only, you really need to talk to your Hardware
    vendor.

    After you talk to your vendor, and you know what hardware you are buying for
    Storage Server, then the OEM is probably able to advice you on your other
    questions.

    rgds,
    Edwin.

    wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i need to create a cluster file server for access to a remote filesystem

    on
    > my NAS; i see that exist a Windows 2003 Storage Server" O.S. that is
    > specify for a Fil Server role.
    >
    > At this poitn i think to create a cluster with ""Windows 2003 Storage
    > Server" bu have some question about it :
    >

    > I need to permit access a share A to all windows 2003 client for read and
    > write ; can i do ti ?
    >
    > I need to permit acces a share B to all Unix/linux client via NFS (like
    > unix) with a mount for read & write ; can i do ti ?
    >
    > I need to permit access a share C to all client (windows/unix) for reada

    and
    > wire so in "mixed mode"; can i do ti ?
    >
    > With Windows 2003 Storage Server can i do it ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread