Hello All,
I am trying to convert 2 basic disks to "dynamic" disks in Vista. I
have tried to convert the disk via both the Disk Management UI as well as the
command line utility. I am getting an error in both situations. The more
discriptive error is coming from the comman dline utility and it says the
following:
DISKPART> convert dynamic

Virtual Disk Service error:
All disks holding extents for a given volume must have the same sector
size, and
the sector size must be valid.

The arguments you specified for this command are not valid.

The error from the Disk Managemtn GUI is fairly similar.

My configuration is fairly basic.... Dell Dimension e520, 2 x 500 GB Hard
drives connected to the onboard ICH8 SATA controller. I am attemtping to
convert the non boot drive to a Dynamic disk (from Basic).

Does anyone have any idea why this is not working and what might be done to
alleviate. Nothing exotic here...it is a fresh install on a pretty vanila
machine and it just won't work.

Any help would be greatly appriciated....

Thanks,
Dan