Read Tapes from Clients - Storage

This is a discussion on Read Tapes from Clients - Storage ; I need to read tapes from clients whether they are DLT, DAT or Other. Is there a piece of equiptment that will do it without purchasing a bunch of different drives?...

  1. Read Tapes from Clients

    I need to read tapes from clients whether they are DLT, DAT or Other.
    Is there a piece of equiptment that will do it without purchasing a
    bunch of different drives?

  2. RE: Read Tapes from Clients

    Not only is the answer no to the hardware but you have the issue of what
    software was used to backup with. Arcserve can't read Backup Exec tapes for
    example.

    "Steve" wrote:

    > I need to read tapes from clients whether they are DLT, DAT or Other.
    > Is there a piece of equiptment that will do it without purchasing a
    > bunch of different drives?

+ Reply to Thread