How good is an EMC SAN? - Storage

This is a discussion on How good is an EMC SAN? - Storage ; I am exploring SAN options at the office and keep reading that EMC is the best. I am not doing FC, but am looking at a CX300i. How good is this product compared to the cheaper HP, Lefthand, and other ...

  1. How good is an EMC SAN?

    I am exploring SAN options at the office and keep reading that EMC is
    the best. I am not doing FC, but am looking at a CX300i. How good is
    this product compared to the cheaper HP, Lefthand, and other options?
    Is their reputation worth the extra cost for maintenance, support, and
    quality?

  2. RE: How good is an EMC SAN?

    we were offered cx300s via Dell. We sat on it for a few weeks. They back
    offering are cx3-40, cx3-60, cx3-80. You may want to check the difference. No
    sure about EMC. I am taking plunge with Dell cx3-40 with second DPE.

    "MQCarpenter" wrote:

    > I am exploring SAN options at the office and keep reading that EMC is
    > the best. I am not doing FC, but am looking at a CX300i. How good is
    > this product compared to the cheaper HP, Lefthand, and other options?
    > Is their reputation worth the extra cost for maintenance, support, and
    > quality?

+ Reply to Thread