iSCSI causes long boot - Storage

This is a discussion on iSCSI causes long boot - Storage ; I've got a Win 2k3 SP1 R2 Enterprise server that is attached to a 1.7 TB volume on a SAN. It's using the iSCSI initiator version 2.0. A reboot of this server takes over an hour since the iSCSI drive ...

  1. iSCSI causes long boot

    I've got a Win 2k3 SP1 R2 Enterprise server that is attached to a 1.7 TB
    volume on a SAN. It's using the iSCSI initiator version 2.0. A reboot of
    this server takes over an hour since the iSCSI drive has been setup. If we
    disconnect the SAN it boots normally. There are various entries in the event
    log about services hanging during the boot. Those services are DFS, server,
    Computer browser, Office scan, HP Insight foundation, and the distributed
    link tracking client, and automatic update service. By the time the server
    is up and we can access it (about an hour later) all these services are
    started except for the DFS replication service.

    Any ideas on what is going on or what I need to look at?

    TIA

  2. Re: iSCSI causes long boot

    "Danny Sanders" wrote in message
    > I've got a Win 2k3 SP1 R2 Enterprise server that is attached to a 1.7 TB
    > volume on a SAN. It's using the iSCSI initiator version 2.0. A reboot of
    > this server takes over an hour since the iSCSI drive has been setup. If we
    > disconnect the SAN it boots normally. There are various entries in the
    > event log about services hanging during the boot. Those services are DFS,
    > server, Computer browser, Office scan, HP Insight foundation, and the
    > distributed link tracking client, and automatic update service. By the
    > time the server is up and we can access it (about an hour later) all these
    > services are started except for the DFS replication service.
    >
    > Any ideas on what is going on or what I need to look at?

    From iSCSI release notes:
    * If you have automatic start services that relies upon an iSCSI volume or
    device, please see the user's guide for information on configuring those
    devices.

    HTH.

+ Reply to Thread