Upgrade to Sharepoint Services 3.0? - Storage

This is a discussion on Upgrade to Sharepoint Services 3.0? - Storage ; Hats off to MS for including Sharepoint Services 2.0 with WSS 2003 R2 Standard. Now that Sharepoint Services 3.0 is available ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...er/sharepoint/ ), is it advisable to upgrade Sharepoint Services (2.0) on WSS to 3.0? Let's say there's nothing ...

  1. Upgrade to Sharepoint Services 3.0?

    Hats off to MS for including Sharepoint Services 2.0 with WSS 2003 R2 Standard.
    Now that Sharepoint Services 3.0 is available
    (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...er/sharepoint/), is it advisable
    to upgrade Sharepoint Services (2.0) on WSS to 3.0? Let's say there's
    nothing existing in Sharepoint 2.0 that we would want to preserve.

    Side-by-side Sharepoint 2.0 and 3.0 is an option as well.

    Or is it easier to drive a VW up Mount Everest?

  2. RE: Upgrade to Sharepoint Services 3.0?

    Anyone running WSS 3.0 on Storage Server?

    "Nyamej" wrote:

    > Hats off to MS for including Sharepoint Services 2.0 with WSS 2003 R2 Standard.
    > Now that Sharepoint Services 3.0 is available
    > (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...er/sharepoint/), is it advisable
    > to upgrade Sharepoint Services (2.0) on WSS to 3.0? Let's say there's
    > nothing existing in Sharepoint 2.0 that we would want to preserve.
    >
    > Side-by-side Sharepoint 2.0 and 3.0 is an option as well.
    >
    > Or is it easier to drive a VW up Mount Everest?

+ Reply to Thread