Re: VMS Client to Windows Storage Server x64 R2 - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: VMS Client to Windows Storage Server x64 R2 - Storage ; After two weeks and tech support calls to both HP, who said it's a MS problem, and to MS, who told me they don't support VMS clients, I deinstalled the MS Server for Network File Systems (SFU 3.5 plus enhancements) ...

  1. Re: VMS Client to Windows Storage Server x64 R2

    After two weeks and tech support calls to both HP, who said it's a MS
    problem, and to MS, who told me they don't support VMS clients, I
    deinstalled the MS Server for Network File Systems (SFU 3.5 plus
    enhancements) from our Windows Storage Server. Rebooted, and installed
    Hummingbird NFS Maestro Server, which also required a reboot. Four hours
    later my NFS link was up, configured, and running. I'm just glad I didn't
    have to pay for either support call as I would grade the tech support I got
    from both HP and MS abysmal failures. The Hummingbird tech support was
    outstanding.

    Mike Ober.

    "Paul Sture" wrote in message
    newsaul.sture.nospam-041ED2.16194007032007@mac.sture.ch...
    > In article ,
    > "Michael D. Ober" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm close to having the VMS NFS Client working with the WSS NFS Server.
    >> Since I know this configuration has been asked about before, when I get
    >> it,
    >> I'll post the configuration for both ends of the link.

    > As is happens, I have got the VMS NFS Client working with the OS X NFS
    > Server.
    >
    > When you get the Windows flavour working, it might be useful to compare
    > notes here, at least from the VMS side.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Sture

  2. Re: VMS Client to Windows Storage Server x64 R2

    In article <45f6a87c$0$500$815e3792@news.qwest.net>,
    "Michael D. Ober" wrote:

    > "Paul Sture" wrote in message
    > newsaul.sture.nospam-041ED2.16194007032007@mac.sture.ch...
    > > In article ,
    > > "Michael D. Ober" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm close to having the VMS NFS Client working with the WSS NFS Server.
    > >> Since I know this configuration has been asked about before, when I get
    > >> it,
    > >> I'll post the configuration for both ends of the link.

    > > As is happens, I have got the VMS NFS Client working with the OS X NFS
    > > Server.
    > >
    > > When you get the Windows flavour working, it might be useful to compare
    > > notes here, at least from the VMS side.
    > >

    > After two weeks and tech support calls to both HP, who said it's a MS
    > problem, and to MS, who told me they don't support VMS clients, I
    > deinstalled the MS Server for Network File Systems (SFU 3.5 plus
    > enhancements) from our Windows Storage Server. Rebooted, and installed
    > Hummingbird NFS Maestro Server, which also required a reboot. Four hours
    > later my NFS link was up, configured, and running. I'm just glad I didn't
    > have to pay for either support call as I would grade the tech support I got
    > from both HP and MS abysmal failures. The Hummingbird tech support was
    > outstanding.

    Thanks for the update.

    --
    Paul Sture