Wintarget-Where to download... - Storage

This is a discussion on Wintarget-Where to download... - Storage ; Hi all, in hope for iSCSI-support - as all the further disscusions here - we also brought a WSSR2 64bit Dell box. The box is very fine and works well. But there is no iSCSI Targetsoftware. My question is now, ...

  1. Wintarget-Where to download...

    Hi all,

    in hope for iSCSI-support - as all the further disscusions here - we also
    brought a WSSR2 64bit Dell box. The box is very fine and works well. But
    there is no iSCSI Targetsoftware.

    My question is now, where can I get this feature pack - I 've learned in
    this newsgroup...:-)...???

    Thanks for help!

    Regards
    Frank

  2. RE: Wintarget-Where to download...

    Frank,
    This is my second attempt at replying, so it may show up twice. AFAIK, only
    OEMs can get the feature pack. You should contact Dell or whoever sold you
    the server and see if they will get the ISCSI target pack for you.

    Pat

    "fheising" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > in hope for iSCSI-support - as all the further disscusions here - we also
    > brought a WSSR2 64bit Dell box. The box is very fine and works well. But
    > there is no iSCSI Targetsoftware.
    >
    > My question is now, where can I get this feature pack - I 've learned in
    > this newsgroup...:-)...???
    >
    > Thanks for help!
    >
    > Regards
    > Frank

  3. RE: Wintarget-Where to download...

    Hi Pat,

    thx for your answer. Meanwhile I have talk to Dell and they say, that they
    doesn't support the WinTarget Pack and so they wouldn't distribute it...:-(

    Frank

    "pheising" wrote:

    > Frank,
    > This is my second attempt at replying, so it may show up twice. AFAIK, only
    > OEMs can get the feature pack. You should contact Dell or whoever sold you
    > the server and see if they will get the ISCSI target pack for you.
    >
    > Pat
    >
    > "fheising" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > in hope for iSCSI-support - as all the further disscusions here - we also
    > > brought a WSSR2 64bit Dell box. The box is very fine and works well. But
    > > there is no iSCSI Targetsoftware.
    > >
    > > My question is now, where can I get this feature pack - I 've learned in
    > > this newsgroup...:-)...???
    > >
    > > Thanks for help!
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Frank