iscsi cluster - Storage

This is a discussion on iscsi cluster - Storage ; Hi I installed a windows 2003 storage server cluster. I have FC storage( HP EVA) and everything is OK. I want to use this cluster as a ISCSI to SAN gateway. I installed microsoft iSCSI target software in the cluster, ...

  1. iscsi cluster

    Hi
    I installed a windows 2003 storage server cluster.
    I have FC storage( HP EVA) and everything is OK.
    I want to use this cluster as a ISCSI to SAN gateway.
    I installed microsoft iSCSI target software in the cluster, I configured
    generic resource for the iSCSI target software.
    everything seems OK. My test machine can connect the active node of cluster.
    But when I shutdown the active node, test machine can not connect the new
    master node of cluster.
    On cluster, everything seems OK. The generic resource can move to new node
    and running.
    On my test machine, microsoft iSCSI initiator says " trying to reconnect".
    when I stop and start the microsoft iSCSI initiator on the my test machine,
    it can connect easyly the new node.
    what can be the problem?
    is there a paramater in microsoft iSCSI initiator?

  2. RE: iscsi cluster

    "yildirim azizoglu" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I installed a windows 2003 storage server cluster.
    > I have FC storage( HP EVA) and everything is OK.
    > I want to use this cluster as a ISCSI to SAN gateway.
    > I installed microsoft iSCSI target software in the cluster, I configured
    > generic resource for the iSCSI target software.
    > everything seems OK. My test machine can connect the active node of cluster.
    > But when I shutdown the active node, test machine can not connect the new
    > master node of cluster.
    > On cluster, everything seems OK. The generic resource can move to new node
    > and running.
    > On my test machine, microsoft iSCSI initiator says " trying to reconnect".
    > when I stop and start the microsoft iSCSI initiator on the my test machine,
    > it can connect easyly the new node.
    > what can be the problem?
    > is there a paramater in microsoft iSCSI initiator?

    It sounds like you may have logged into the node physical IP address instead
    of the cluster's virtual IP address. If you are using the MS iSCSI
    Initiator, try explicitly specifying the cluster virtual IP address under the
    Log On To Target dialog - Advanced options.

+ Reply to Thread