Hello,

In MS-DOS 6 and later there was an "advanced" backup program. Prior to DOS
6, you had the simple backup.com (or exe) utility, but in DOS 6 you had a
GUI-based backup program (with compression) that could be opened in DOS and
in Windows.

I think your files are from that program: if your problem is not yet solved
I can get the program for you if you want so you can try it out...

Kind regards

Patrick Vandeweert

Belgium