Re: Storage solution - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: Storage solution - Storage ; Chico, there are a lot of solutions which probably apply, but there is not enough info in your post to make any recommendations - when you say "link" is this an Network (IP) link or an FC ? - what ...

  1. Re: Storage solution

    Chico,

    there are a lot of solutions which probably apply, but there is not enough
    info in your post to make any recommendations

    - when you say "link" is this an Network (IP) link or an FC ?
    - what SAN, what vendor ?
    - any other info you like to volunteer ?

    if it is an FC between sites, then I suggest you talk to your storage vendor
    in regards to replication

    rgds,
    Edwin.

    "Chico" wrote in message
    > I need to replicate my infraestructure.
    > I have a file server with 1TB and need to replicate with another site.
    > I have SAN in both sites, the link between them has 2gps.
    > My goal is a quick recover in case of disaster.
    > What is the best solution?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > JFA

  2. Re: Storage solution

    There are so many replication / failover solutions, hard to recommend the
    "best",

    Just an example of products you might want to look into

    - EMC (Legato) Autostart / AAM / Recover Point / RepliStor
    - SteelEye technologies
    - NSI doubletake

    This list is far from complete.

    And don't forget to look at:
    - Distributed File System ? (this might do what you want, all depending on
    your requirements)

    Do your research and list all pro's con's and price tags of all of them.
    Then pick the right solution which fits your business requirement and
    budget.

    Rgds,
    Edwin.

    "Chico" wrote in message
    > IP link
    > Vendor is Hitachi
    >
    > I was looking for a microsoft solution... if it's possible!
    >
    > regards
    >
    > JFA
    >
    > "Edwin vMierlo" wrote:
    >
    > > Chico,
    > >
    > > there are a lot of solutions which probably apply, but there is not

    enough
    > > info in your post to make any recommendations
    > >
    > > - when you say "link" is this an Network (IP) link or an FC ?
    > > - what SAN, what vendor ?
    > > - any other info you like to volunteer ?
    > >
    > > if it is an FC between sites, then I suggest you talk to your storage

    vendor
    > > in regards to replication
    > >
    > > rgds,
    > > Edwin.
    > >
    > > "Chico" wrote in message
    > > > I need to replicate my infraestructure.
    > > > I have a file server with 1TB and need to replicate with another site.
    > > > I have SAN in both sites, the link between them has 2gps.
    > > > My goal is a quick recover in case of disaster.
    > > > What is the best solution?
    > > >
    > > > regards
    > > >
    > > > JFA

+ Reply to Thread