DSM for Storedge 3510 - Storage

This is a discussion on DSM for Storedge 3510 - Storage ; Hi Anyone have any idea does SUN storedge 3510 provide any DSM? I am not able to locate from their website . I have checked the WIndows HCL website and the storage is compatible with Windows 2003 server, however, there ...

  1. DSM for Storedge 3510

    Hi

    Anyone have any idea does SUN storedge 3510 provide any DSM?
    I am not able to locate from their website .
    I have checked the WIndows HCL website and the storage is compatible with
    Windows 2003 server, however, there is a test which say "This storage block
    uses multi-path I/O software --> No"

    Does this means Storedge 3510 is not compatible for Mutlipathing in W2K3?
    Any workaround?

    Thanks alot
    marc

  2. Re: DSM for Storedge 3510

    no, they do not yet have an MPIO DSM. Sun has their own multipathing drivers
    but they do not use MS MPIO.

    "Marc" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone have any idea does SUN storedge 3510 provide any DSM?
    > I am not able to locate from their website .
    > I have checked the WIndows HCL website and the storage is compatible with
    > Windows 2003 server, however, there is a test which say "This storage
    > block
    > uses multi-path I/O software --> No"
    >
    > Does this means Storedge 3510 is not compatible for Mutlipathing in W2K3?
    > Any workaround?
    >
    > Thanks alot
    > marc

  3. Re: DSM for Storedge 3510

    Sun switched it's storage support road map about 3-4 years ago away
    from their
    of off platform multi-path drivers and management to the native
    platform multi-path
    frameworks. (aka. SSTM for win NT, 2000, 2003, AIX, HPUX, and Linux.)

    Sun is now pushing MPIO drivers and were getting close to supporting
    other
    windows storage services. Talk to you Sun sales/support rep for the
    latest. Unless
    your looking at a Sun developed device they are pushing the 3rd OEMs to
    provide
    support, The 3510 would fall into that case. If you can't find a good
    answer from
    them post a http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=94. I
    know the right
    people read that group. Just make it clear in your posting that your
    not asking about
    solaris and need help.

    -David (x-Sun Windows SSTM developer)

    All that said SSTM did support the 3510 on WinNT, 2000, and 2003 when
    I left
    that product.

    Jeff Goldner wrote:
    > no, they do not yet have an MPIO DSM. Sun has their own multipathing drivers
    > but they do not use MS MPIO.

    > > Anyone have any idea does SUN storedge 3510 provide any DSM?

+ Reply to Thread