DFS Replication - Storage

This is a discussion on DFS Replication - Storage ; I have 3 servers that all have windows 2003 standard server R2 operating systems on them. Can I have 1 of the servers replicate its data to 2 different servers for double redundancy to 2 different locations? thanks jeff...

  1. DFS Replication

    I have 3 servers that all have windows 2003 standard server R2 operating
    systems on them. Can I have 1 of the servers replicate its data to 2
    different servers for double redundancy to 2 different locations?

    thanks
    jeff

  2. RE: DFS Replication

    Jeff
    you can use a hub and spoke topology to accomplish this.
    Create a replication group with 3 or more members and chose the hub and
    spoke topology. Then it will ask you for the hub member and spoke memebers.
    THe hub is where the data originates and the spokes are where they are
    replicated to.
    Cheers

    "jeff" wrote:

    > I have 3 servers that all have windows 2003 standard server R2 operating
    > systems on them. Can I have 1 of the servers replicate its data to 2
    > different servers for double redundancy to 2 different locations?
    >
    > thanks
    > jeff

+ Reply to Thread