Here's a link to an explanation of what what happens when you try to access
\\domainname. This has nothing to do with disk quotas.

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/arc...15/456316.aspx

Want to learn more about Windows Server file and storage technologies? Visit
our team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/default.aspx.