I am new to SAN and we are going to setup a SAN with size around 1TB (EMC
CX300).

We are considering whether we should split the 1TB storage to 2 RAID Groups
of size 500GB. This is because someone mentions that the performance is
better we split it. Is it correct ? Is there any other reason we have to
create different RAID Groups ?

Besides, inside each RAID Group, we are going to create a number of physical
LUNs for different servers. Someone also mentions that we can create
partitions in a physical LUN. We would like to know in what circumstances
should we create partitions in a LUN.

Your advice is sought.