SIS, Shadow Copies, NTFS Compression - Storage

This is a discussion on SIS, Shadow Copies, NTFS Compression - Storage ; I had two more quesitons on SIS I am hoping someone can answer. First, is there anything I need to worry about in the interaction of SIS and Shadow Copies? Second, does utilizing NTFS compression on a volume prevent SIS ...

  1. SIS, Shadow Copies, NTFS Compression

    I had two more quesitons on SIS I am hoping someone can answer. First, is
    there anything I need to worry about in the interaction of SIS and Shadow
    Copies? Second, does utilizing NTFS compression on a volume prevent SIS
    from fully functioning? Thanks much.

  2. Re: SIS, Shadow Copies, NTFS Compression

    1) No worries - they work at different levels.

    2) SIS should still function normally. The groveller reads the file to
    build the signatue - so the bits that are read will be the same either way.
    That said, during the initial scan the filesystem will be working hard b/c
    it will need to decompress (temporarily) every file as the groveller reads
    it.

    Pat

    "Brian Hoyt" wrote in message
    >I had two more quesitons on SIS I am hoping someone can answer. First, is
    >there anything I need to worry about in the interaction of SIS and Shadow
    >Copies? Second, does utilizing NTFS compression on a volume prevent SIS
    >from fully functioning? Thanks much.

+ Reply to Thread