excessive paging on a file server - Storage

This is a discussion on excessive paging on a file server - Storage ; I have a fileserver with 4 gig of ram. It has performance problems often and perfmon says that the system is paging a lot. Task manager doesn't show any program using a lot of memory. Anyone know of a way ...

  1. excessive paging on a file server

    I have a fileserver with 4 gig of ram. It has performance problems often and
    perfmon says that the system is paging a lot. Task manager doesn't show any
    program using a lot of memory.

    Anyone know of a way to see what is being paged or what program is doing it?

  2. RE: excessive paging on a file server

    "perfmon says that the system is paging a lot."

    How are determining this? What counters? Are you looking at page faults?

    I don't know of a program that can monitor applications pagefile usage. I
    would go with unload a running program and see what the results are on
    paging. Might want to post your servers app list.

+ Reply to Thread