iSCSI Subsystem does not show up in SMfS - Storage

This is a discussion on iSCSI Subsystem does not show up in SMfS - Storage ; Hi, for testing puposes i installed the Storage Manager for SANs, iSCSI initiator 2.02 along with the Stringbean Wintarget VDS driver .95 on one machine. I use a second machine as an iSCSI target running with the Wintarget .95 software. ...

  1. iSCSI Subsystem does not show up in SMfS

    Hi,

    for testing puposes i installed the Storage Manager for SANs, iSCSI
    initiator 2.02 along with the Stringbean Wintarget VDS driver .95 on one
    machine. I use a second machine as an iSCSI target running with the
    Wintarget .95 software.
    The connection between the iSCSI initiator and the target is fine, the disks
    show up in the local disk manager.
    But the problem is that when i start SMfS it only says that there is no
    local VDS service or hardware provider?

    So my question is if it should running in this scenario?
    Any suggestions?

    Thank you in advance,

    Axel

  2. Re: iSCSI Subsystem does not show up in SMfS

    got it!!!

    it was permission problem of the service account which was used to run the
    VDS service. It needs the run as a service permission on the target machine
    too...

    Thanks to everybody how made a thought!

    "Axel Laudan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > for testing puposes i installed the Storage Manager for SANs, iSCSI
    > initiator 2.02 along with the Stringbean Wintarget VDS driver .95 on one
    > machine. I use a second machine as an iSCSI target running with the
    > Wintarget .95 software.
    > The connection between the iSCSI initiator and the target is fine, the
    > disks show up in the local disk manager.
    > But the problem is that when i start SMfS it only says that there is no
    > local VDS service or hardware provider?
    >
    > So my question is if it should running in this scenario?
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Axel

+ Reply to Thread