Is there a way to remove offline LUN's from Disk Manager? - Storage

This is a discussion on Is there a way to remove offline LUN's from Disk Manager? - Storage ; I have a server with SAN storage connected by 2 Qlogic 2340's running Server 2003. After some changes to the destroying and recreating some SAN disk that were associated to the server, there are 9 LUN's that show in Disk ...

  1. Is there a way to remove offline LUN's from Disk Manager?

    I have a server with SAN storage connected by 2 Qlogic 2340's running Server
    2003. After some changes to the destroying and recreating some SAN disk that
    were associated to the server, there are 9 LUN's that show in Disk Manager
    "offline" along with the newly created online disks. It appears that that are
    the previously associated disks. Per my SAN admin, this disks no longer exist
    on the SAN. Is there a registry entry that retains these drive signatures
    somewhere? Please help......

  2. Re: Is there a way to remove offline LUN's from Disk Manager?

    Does your Storage Array controller supports Active/Passive configuration and
    you do not have a Multi-Pathing software on your server? If yes, then what
    you are experiencing is possible, all LUNs exposed through the Passive
    controller port will be shown as offline.

    Manoj

    "chris" wrote in message
    >I have a server with SAN storage connected by 2 Qlogic 2340's running
    >Server
    > 2003. After some changes to the destroying and recreating some SAN disk
    > that
    > were associated to the server, there are 9 LUN's that show in Disk Manager
    > "offline" along with the newly created online disks. It appears that that
    > are
    > the previously associated disks. Per my SAN admin, this disks no longer
    > exist
    > on the SAN. Is there a registry entry that retains these drive signatures
    > somewhere? Please help......

  3. Re: Is there a way to remove offline LUN's from Disk Manager?

    No, I'm not using any multipathing software on the server they are just dual
    connected.

    "Manoj Rajagopalan" wrote:

    > Does your Storage Array controller supports Active/Passive configuration and
    > you do not have a Multi-Pathing software on your server? If yes, then what
    > you are experiencing is possible, all LUNs exposed through the Passive
    > controller port will be shown as offline.
    >
    > Manoj
    >
    > "chris" wrote in message
    > >I have a server with SAN storage connected by 2 Qlogic 2340's running
    > >Server
    > > 2003. After some changes to the destroying and recreating some SAN disk
    > > that
    > > were associated to the server, there are 9 LUN's that show in Disk Manager
    > > "offline" along with the newly created online disks. It appears that that
    > > are
    > > the previously associated disks. Per my SAN admin, this disks no longer
    > > exist
    > > on the SAN. Is there a registry entry that retains these drive signatures
    > > somewhere? Please help......

+ Reply to Thread