BackupExec on Dell NAS possible? - Storage

This is a discussion on BackupExec on Dell NAS possible? - Storage ; I have a Dell NAS server (no CD ROM). The Dell NAS o/s is a verrsion of Server 2003. Can I install BackupExec on this by sharing a CD rom on another server and installing across the network?...

  1. BackupExec on Dell NAS possible?

    I have a Dell NAS server (no CD ROM). The Dell NAS o/s is a verrsion of
    Server 2003. Can I install BackupExec on this by sharing a CD rom on
    another server and installing across the network?

  2. Re: BackupExec on Dell NAS possible?

    Hi,

    ask Dell Support. They told me a few weeks ago it is possible (Backup
    Exec 10), however, you cannot reach the tape drive installed in another
    system. It would be good to have an external scsi-tape drive which you
    could attach to the Dell NAS.

    arno

+ Reply to Thread