Windows Explorer not reckonizing External Hard Drive.... - Storage

This is a discussion on Windows Explorer not reckonizing External Hard Drive.... - Storage ; I need some help....While my computer was turned off, I removed my Maxtor P.S. 3100 External Hard Drive. When I plugged it into another computer, Device Manager and the "Safely Remove Device" reckonize that there is an External USB Hard ...

  1. Windows Explorer not reckonizing External Hard Drive....

    I need some help....While my computer was turned off, I removed my Maxtor
    P.S. 3100 External Hard Drive. When I plugged it into another computer,
    Device Manager and the "Safely Remove Device" reckonize that there is an
    External USB Hard drive, but not Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer, will
    however, reckonize my other Maxtor P.S. 3100 External Hard Drive. I have
    tried several different computers to try to read the one hard drive, with no
    luck. Can anybody help me solve this issue, or at least, help me retrieve my
    data that was on the drive prior to me powering down my computer? Thanks..

  2. Re: Windows Explorer not reckonizing External Hard Drive....

    What does Disk Management have to say about it?
    Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "~Aven" wrote:
    |I need some help....While my computer was turned off, I removed my Maxtor
    | P.S. 3100 External Hard Drive. When I plugged it into another computer,
    | Device Manager and the "Safely Remove Device" reckonize that there is an
    | External USB Hard drive, but not Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer, will
    | however, reckonize my other Maxtor P.S. 3100 External Hard Drive. I have
    | tried several different computers to try to read the one hard drive, with
    no
    | luck. Can anybody help me solve this issue, or at least, help me retrieve
    my
    | data that was on the drive prior to me powering down my computer?
    Thanks..

+ Reply to Thread