VSS - DoSnapshotSet returns error VSS_E_BAD_STATE - Storage

This is a discussion on VSS - DoSnapshotSet returns error VSS_E_BAD_STATE - Storage ; Hi all, When I tried to create a snap shot using the VSS API's ,I receive VSS_E_BAD_STATE error from IVssAsync::QueryStatus() method which is called after the DoSnapShotSet and VssAsync::wait(). From the Documentation , I infer the above said error should ...

  1. VSS - DoSnapshotSet returns error VSS_E_BAD_STATE

    Hi all,
    When I tried to create a snap shot using the VSS API's ,I receive
    VSS_E_BAD_STATE error from IVssAsync::QueryStatus() method which is
    called after the DoSnapShotSet and VssAsync::wait(). From the
    Documentation , I infer the above said error should come only if
    1) DoSnapShotSet called when the backup components object has not been
    initialized (or)
    2) the prerequisite calls for a given shadow copy context have not been
    made prior to calling DoSnapshotSet.
    But in my case I had Initialised the backup component using
    InitializeForBackup() and all of the Pre Backup calls were executed
    without error.
    Any idea where i'm going wrong,
    Regards,
    Sridhar

  2. Re: VSS - DoSnapshotSet returns error VSS_E_BAD_STATE

    Hi all,
    I found the problem in my part. DoSnapshotSet caused problem since I
    haven't initialised it with Volume(s) I have create to Snap shot.

    Regards,
    Sri

+ Reply to Thread