Zipping a file from a command prompt. - Storage

This is a discussion on Zipping a file from a command prompt. - Storage ; I'm looking for a way to use the built in windows xp zip utility from a command prompt. I want to run a batch file that zips up an enitre folder. Does anyone know of a way to do this??? ...

  1. Zipping a file from a command prompt.

    I'm looking for a way to use the built in windows xp zip utility from a
    command prompt. I want to run a batch file that zips up an enitre folder.

    Does anyone know of a way to do this???

    Thanks,
    Kory

  2. Re: Zipping a file from a command prompt.

    compress -Z

    stewart05 wrote:
    > I'm looking for a way to use the built in windows xp zip utility from a
    > command prompt. I want to run a batch file that zips up an enitre folder.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to do this???
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kory

  3. Re: Zipping a file from a command prompt.

    no compress command ????

    wrote in message
    news:1151689855.447585.174860@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com...
    > compress -Z
    >

    > stewart05 wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a way to use the built in windows xp zip utility from a
    > > command prompt. I want to run a batch file that zips up an enitre

    folder.

    > > Does anyone know of a way to do this???
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Kory

  4. Re: Zipping a file from a command prompt.

    Leslie wrote:
    > no compress command ????

    It is in the Windows Resource Kit tools.

  5. Re: Zipping a file from a command prompt.

    If zip to diskettes and file big request for 2nd disk ?

    wrote in message
    news:1153151962.997284.198710@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    > Leslie wrote:
    > > no compress command ????
    > >

    > It is in the Windows Resource Kit tools.

+ Reply to Thread