VSS Hardware provider question... - Storage

This is a discussion on VSS Hardware provider question... - Storage ; I have to implement a hardware provider. In order to "support VSS", does my provider have to implement both the Clone and Copy-on-write shadow copy methods or can it just implement one of the two? -- A coder...

  1. VSS Hardware provider question...

    --
    A coder

  2. RE: VSS Hardware provider question...

    Hello? Is this thing on?
    --
    A coder

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > I have to implement a hardware provider. In order to "support VSS", does my
    > provider have to implement both the Clone and Copy-on-write shadow copy
    > methods or can it just implement one of the two?
    > --
    > A coder

  3. Re: VSS Hardware provider question...

    Any one of them will do. But the choice of shadow copy type "can" be made by
    the requestor.
    Refer to the below MSDN documentation on the required behavior for hw
    providers.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de..._providers.asp

    Manoj

    "Jeff" wrote in message
    >I have to implement a hardware provider. In order to "support VSS", does
    >my
    > provider have to implement both the Clone and Copy-on-write shadow copy
    > methods or can it just implement one of the two?
    > --
    > A coder

+ Reply to Thread