Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 upgrade path - Storage

This is a discussion on Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 upgrade path - Storage ; I am new to the storage world and still getting my feet wet Storage Server 2003. I am trying to find out if there is a way to upgrade Storage Server 2003 to Storage Server 2003 R2? Specifically, I am ...

  1. Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 upgrade path

    I am new to the storage world and still getting my feet wet Storage
    Server 2003. I am trying to find out if there is a way to upgrade
    Storage Server 2003 to Storage Server 2003 R2?

    Specifically, I am interested in implementing the file filter and the
    Single Instance Storage from R2 to block users from saving certain type
    of file to the NAS.

    Can I apply a "feature pack" or do I have to buy an upgrade license?

    Is an upgrade license eben offered?

    I can't seem to find any info. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Mike Kanakos

  2. Re: Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 upgrade path

    You will need to contact your OEM to find out if they will be offering an
    upgrade or not. Some do, some don't.

    WSS2k3 includes a file filter, so only SIS would be missing.

    Pat

    wrote in message
    news:1150145679.753910.93570@j55g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >I am new to the storage world and still getting my feet wet Storage
    > Server 2003. I am trying to find out if there is a way to upgrade
    > Storage Server 2003 to Storage Server 2003 R2?
    >
    > Specifically, I am interested in implementing the file filter and the
    > Single Instance Storage from R2 to block users from saving certain type
    > of file to the NAS.
    >
    > Can I apply a "feature pack" or do I have to buy an upgrade license?
    >
    > Is an upgrade license eben offered?
    >
    > I can't seem to find any info. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Mike Kanakos

+ Reply to Thread