VDS fails to launch provider - Storage

This is a discussion on VDS fails to launch provider - Storage ; Hi, [If this is not the right group to post this message, please let me know where i can post this message]. I have written a dummy hardware provider (as DLL) to get myself familiar with the VDS framework. The ...

  1. VDS fails to launch provider

    Hi,

    [If this is not the right group to post this message, please let me
    know where i can post this message].

    I have written a dummy hardware provider (as DLL) to get myself
    familiar with the VDS framework.
    The installation of the COM component and registration with VDS went
    fine.
    Oleview is able to load the component fine.
    But when VDS is loaded i get the message
    "VDS fails to launch provider {classid of provider}:
    REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG"

    Even the DLL is not loaded when VDS reports this error.
    Is there some problem in the registration?
    This is what i use for registering the provider.

    hr = pVdsAdmin->RegisterProvider(GUID_PseudoHwProvider,

    CLSID_PseudoHwProvider,
    L"Pseudo HW
    Provider",
    VDS_PT_HARDWARE,
    NULL, L"1.0",

    GUID_PseudoHwProviderVersion);

    Thanks
    Krupa.

  2. Re: VDS fails to launch provider

    Hi, can you post the full code including the COM object instantiation?

+ Reply to Thread