Windows 2003 SP1 SAN Question - Storage

This is a discussion on Windows 2003 SP1 SAN Question - Storage ; Hi, I have installed all the servers necessary(using the the Windows Hosting Solution 3.5 guide) but I am stuck on how to get a central fileshare where all my web0X boxes store the web content. I have a SAN, but ...

  1. Windows 2003 SP1 SAN Question

    Hi,

    I have installed all the servers necessary(using the the Windows
    Hosting Solution 3.5 guide) but I am stuck on how to get a central
    fileshare where all my web0X boxes store the web content. I have a SAN,
    but how do I use the SAN as a storage? Should I use Windows Storage
    Server? (I am completely new, so please provide details if possible)..

  2. Re: Windows 2003 SP1 SAN Question

    There are many ways to set this up, but one easy way to do that is to create
    a file share on a server that has access the SAN, then configure your IIS to
    reference the content in that file share. This will allow you to setup
    multiple webservers accessing the same content. You can then configure NLB
    on all of your webservers to load balance the load to all web servers from
    one virtual address.

    Eric Bursley
    eric at bursley dot net

    "timeshift" wrote in message
    news:1136976052.676070.305540@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have installed all the servers necessary(using the the Windows
    > Hosting Solution 3.5 guide) but I am stuck on how to get a central
    > fileshare where all my web0X boxes store the web content. I have a SAN,
    > but how do I use the SAN as a storage? Should I use Windows Storage
    > Server? (I am completely new, so please provide details if possible)..

+ Reply to Thread