I've done a very bad thing - SP1 - Storage

This is a discussion on I've done a very bad thing - SP1 - Storage ; it's 1:10am and I've (hopefully) just recovered our HP DL580 NAS after applying win2k3 SP1. I had to go into Safemode and uninstall SP1. The error I received was "The server you are running cannot run StorageWorks NAS software properly ...

  1. I've done a very bad thing - SP1

    it's 1:10am and I've (hopefully) just recovered our HP DL580 NAS after
    applying win2k3 SP1. I had to go into Safemode and uninstall SP1.

    The error I received was "The server you are running cannot run StorageWorks
    NAS software properly be in violation of your license agreement. Please
    contact HP.... The server will BLue Screen in one minute"

    Please can someone help me out here?
    I cannot find any webpage that tells me I can't apply SP1 - there seems to
    be very little information about 2003 Appliance edition out there.

    My sincerest thanks

  2. Re: I've done a very bad thing - SP1

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ID=PSD_CB0204W

    You should never apply any Microsoft updates onto an HP NAS running Windows
    Storage Server. Always get any updates direct from HP.

    "inneedofyourhelp !" wrote in
    message news:F0E8073F-D101-4665-A208-6F860FD9ECEA@microsoft.com...

    > it's 1:10am and I've (hopefully) just recovered our HP DL580 NAS after
    > applying win2k3 SP1. I had to go into Safemode and uninstall SP1.
    >
    > The error I received was "The server you are running cannot run
    > StorageWorks
    > NAS software properly be in violation of your license agreement. Please
    > contact HP.... The server will BLue Screen in one minute"
    >
    > Please can someone help me out here?
    > I cannot find any webpage that tells me I can't apply SP1 - there seems to
    > be very little information about 2003 Appliance edition out there.
    >
    > My sincerest thanks

  3. Re: I've done a very bad thing - SP1

    Hi SADATH

    Did u recently replaced the motherboard of the NAS 4000S...if so
    request you to upgrade the firmware of the BIOS in
    Motherboard...disable automatic updates and update windows from HP
    .....Reply asap..

    Regards

    Prodyot

    --