Hot spare disk with MS Raid - Storage

This is a discussion on Hot spare disk with MS Raid - Storage ; Does anyone know if there's a way to configure a "hot spare" disk when using an MS RAID 5 array? This is assuming I have an extra standalone disk to be used as the hot spare. I can't find anything ...

  1. Hot spare disk with MS Raid

    Does anyone know if there's a way to configure a "hot spare" disk when using
    an MS RAID 5 array? This is assuming I have an extra standalone disk to be
    used as the hot spare. I can't find anything to say its possible, but
    thought I'd ask or does anyone one know of a way to get similar
    funtionality....

    TIA,
    Pat Heising

  2. Re: Hot spare disk with MS Raid

    No, sorry, it isn't possible with the inbox software RAID.

    Jeff [MSFT]

    "Pat Heising" Heising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there's a way to configure a "hot spare" disk when
    > using
    > an MS RAID 5 array? This is assuming I have an extra standalone disk to be
    > used as the hot spare. I can't find anything to say its possible, but
    > thought I'd ask or does anyone one know of a way to get similar
    > funtionality....
    >
    > TIA,
    > Pat Heising

+ Reply to Thread