iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003 - Storage

This is a discussion on iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003 - Storage ; Has anyone tried running Exchange 2003 on an iSCSI environment?...

  1. iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003

    Has anyone tried running Exchange 2003 on an iSCSI environment?

  2. RE: iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003

    Yes, I did and it work fine. I have Exchange 2003 running on a Dell 6650
    connected to SANRAD iSCSI switch which is connected to Raidsys SATA RAID disk
    subsystem.
    I used SANRAD white paper
    http://www.sanrad.com/objects/suppor...APP-006-02.pdf has a general Exchange and iSCSI guide.

    Yossi

    "Moni Keo" wrote:

    > Has anyone tried running Exchange 2003 on an iSCSI environment?

  3. RE: iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003

    Would you recommend creating two LUNs for the data and transactions?

    "yossih" wrote:

    > Yes, I did and it work fine. I have Exchange 2003 running on a Dell 6650
    > connected to SANRAD iSCSI switch which is connected to Raidsys SATA RAID disk
    > subsystem.
    > I used SANRAD white paper
    > http://www.sanrad.com/objects/suppor...APP-006-02.pdf has a general Exchange and iSCSI guide.
    >
    > Yossi
    >
    > "Moni Keo" wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone tried running Exchange 2003 on an iSCSI environment?

  4. RE: iSCSI and MS Exchange 2003

    Yes! The IO pattern of operation on the database is random IO were on the log
    it is sequential IO. Separation will insure that the two different IO
    patterns will not interfere each another which will reduce the overall IO
    performance.

    "Moni Keo" wrote:

    > Would you recommend creating two LUNs for the data and transactions?
    >
    > "yossih" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, I did and it work fine. I have Exchange 2003 running on a Dell 6650
    > > connected to SANRAD iSCSI switch which is connected to Raidsys SATA RAID disk
    > > subsystem.
    > > I used SANRAD white paper
    > > http://www.sanrad.com/objects/suppor...APP-006-02.pdf has a general Exchange and iSCSI guide.
    > >
    > > Yossi
    > >
    > > "Moni Keo" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Has anyone tried running Exchange 2003 on an iSCSI environment?

+ Reply to Thread