Exchange feature pack - Storage

This is a discussion on Exchange feature pack - Storage ; Hello all, Does anybody know when it is more interesting to use this feature pack instead iSCSI target product like WinTarget from String Bean Software (in the case you have only Exchange Datas to store?) I don't find any comparison. ...

  1. Exchange feature pack

    --
    Thanks and happy new year

    Philippe

  2. Re: Exchange feature pack

    Philippe,

    here is comparation chart of different software and hardware iSCSI
    targets. Maybe it would help you to pick up the one with features list
    working for you:

    http://www.rocketdivision.com/info/s...comparison.pdf

    Regards,
    Anton Kolomyeytsev

    CEO, Rocket Division Software

    Philippe wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Does anybody know when it is more interesting to use this feature

    pack
    > instead iSCSI target product like WinTarget from String Bean Software

    (in the
    > case you have only Exchange Datas to store?)
    > I don't find any comparison.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks and happy new year
    >
    > Philippe

  3. Re: Exchange feature pack

    Hello,

    Thanks for answering but I don't find what I'm looking for.

    Regards,

    Philippe

    "KOOLER" wrote:

    > Philippe,
    >
    > here is comparation chart of different software and hardware iSCSI
    > targets. Maybe it would help you to pick up the one with features list
    > working for you:
    >
    > http://www.rocketdivision.com/info/s...comparison.pdf
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anton Kolomyeytsev
    >
    > CEO, Rocket Division Software
    >
    > Philippe wrote:
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > Does anybody know when it is more interesting to use this feature

    > pack
    > > instead iSCSI target product like WinTarget from String Bean Software

    > (in the
    > > case you have only Exchange Datas to store?)
    > > I don't find any comparison.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks and happy new year
    > >
    > > Philippe

  4. Re: Exchange feature pack

    Using iSCSI target for your exchange vollumes allows you the option of using
    VSS for backup and fast recovery solutions that are available in the market.

    Using the Exchange feature pack, Exchange is running on one server and your
    data resides on the NAS. VSS does not currently support remote
    configurations so you must use exchange's legacy backup solutions.

    --
    Keith Hageman
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Philippe" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for answering but I don't find what I'm looking for.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Philippe
    >
    > "KOOLER" wrote:
    >
    >> Philippe,
    >>
    >> here is comparation chart of different software and hardware iSCSI
    >> targets. Maybe it would help you to pick up the one with features list
    >> working for you:
    >>
    >> http://www.rocketdivision.com/info/s...comparison.pdf
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Anton Kolomyeytsev
    >>
    >> CEO, Rocket Division Software
    >>
    >> Philippe wrote:
    >> > Hello all,
    >> >
    >> > Does anybody know when it is more interesting to use this feature

    >> pack
    >> > instead iSCSI target product like WinTarget from String Bean Software

    >> (in the
    >> > case you have only Exchange Datas to store?)
    >> > I don't find any comparison.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Thanks and happy new year
    >> >
    >> > Philippe