W2k3 Storage server. - Storage

This is a discussion on W2k3 Storage server. - Storage ; Hi, Does anybody know if w2k3 Std Storage Server support Fiber Channel( EMC XC400), or do i have to go with w2k3 ent storage server. We are thinking of installing a new host either w2k3 server or w2k3 storage server ...

  1. W2k3 Storage server.

    Hi,

    Does anybody know if w2k3 Std Storage Server support Fiber Channel( EMC
    XC400), or do i have to go with w2k3 ent storage server. We are thinking of
    installing a new host either w2k3 server or w2k3 storage server to an
    existing SAN storage.

    Thanks,
    -Kent

  2. Re: W2k3 Storage server.

    If the EMC device is supported on W2K3 then it should work without issue on
    Windows Storage Server 2003.

    NOTE: W2K3 Standard Edition and Windows Storage Server 2003 Standard Edition
    will have automount ON by default. This is the same PnP behavior as Windows
    Server 2000. In SAN environments, automount should be changed to OFF to
    avoid accidental admin errors of unmasking a LUN to the wrong server or to
    multiple servers (standard edition does not support clusters).

    To change the default automount setting from a command line, use the
    diskpart command line interface (CLI) command "automount off".

    Diskpart automount is documented in Help and Support on W2K3.

    --
    Keith Hageman
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "kent" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know if w2k3 Std Storage Server support Fiber Channel( EMC
    > XC400), or do i have to go with w2k3 ent storage server. We are thinking
    > of
    > installing a new host either w2k3 server or w2k3 storage server to an
    > existing SAN storage.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Kent

+ Reply to Thread