Greetings; I recently installed an external hard drive (Maxtel OneTouch) to
my machine (W98). I partitioned it into 4 drives G-J. It seemed to work
fine. A few days after I started loading stuff onto it I noticed that the G
drive was not accessible any longer. The next time after I emptied my
recycle bin I got a message "the disk in Drive G is not formatted. Do you
want to format it now?" I guess that is because each drive has its own
recycle bin. Eventually I reformatted the drive and never saw its contents
again.

Now a few weeks have gone by and this is happening to another drive, I. I
haven't reformatted it yet. What's happening here?

thanks for any help; Kozmo