Definition of the system state - Storage

This is a discussion on Definition of the system state - Storage ; Hi, I would like to know if there exists some sort of documentation for what the System state backup should contain.The MSDN doesn't exactly define the contents. Maybe there exists an api which tells what is necessary to backup??? The ...

  1. Definition of the system state

    Hi,

    I would like to know if there exists some sort of documentation for what the
    System state backup should contain.The MSDN doesn't exactly define the
    contents. Maybe there exists an api which tells what is necessary to
    backup???

    The same counts for Windows 2003.

    Best Regards

    Christoffer

  2. Re: Definition of the system state

    In article ,
    StofferB@online.nospam says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know if there exists some sort of documentation for what the
    > System state backup should contain.The MSDN doesn't exactly define the
    > contents. Maybe there exists an api which tells what is necessary to
    > backup???
    >
    > The same counts for Windows 2003.
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Christoffer

    should or could?
    anyways it depends, try this ->

    start IE (or your other favorite browser) go to google:
    type: definition system state site:microsoft.com

    then about 6th :
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...rv/2003/standa
    rd/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?
    url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-
    us/ntbackup_system_state.asp

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/2ben7

    hth