NTbackup Standard 2003 server "the requested media failed to mount - Storage

This is a discussion on NTbackup Standard 2003 server "the requested media failed to mount - Storage ; I have a server with 2.4ghz zeon processor, 1ghz ram, and mirrored 73 ghz hard drives. I have an Exabyte VXA-2 tape drive. The tape drive and hd's are on separate scsi controllers. I've had trouble with this backup for ...

  1. NTbackup Standard 2003 server "the requested media failed to mount

    I have a server with 2.4ghz zeon processor, 1ghz ram, and mirrored 73 ghz
    hard drives. I have an Exabyte VXA-2 tape drive. The tape drive and hd's are
    on separate scsi controllers. I've had trouble with this backup for months.
    After trying everything I knew to try, I had IBM replace the system board and
    scsi cable to see if that helped. It turned out that my ORIGINAL problem was
    probably being caused by bad media. Now, though, after putting the ORIGINAL
    system board back in due to a bad network interface on the replacement, My OS
    had to be 'repaired'. my backup now fails with an immediate error, "the
    requested media failed to mount. the operation was aborted." It will,
    however, work with a trial version of Veritas Backup Exec. I have scoured the
    earth looking for an answer. Is there anyone who can assist me?

  2. Re: NTbackup Standard 2003 server "the requested media failed to mount

    When you loaded the trial version of Backup Exec, did you choose to install
    the VRTS tape drivers? If so, if you uninstall BE, and load the Exabyte
    supplied drivers, does this work with NTBackup? Was the original load using
    the Exabyte drivers or was a driver loaded by Windows?

    --
    Joseph Hand
    VERITAS Software Corporation

    "gmhudson" wrote in message
    >I have a server with 2.4ghz zeon processor, 1ghz ram, and mirrored 73 ghz
    > hard drives. I have an Exabyte VXA-2 tape drive. The tape drive and hd's
    > are
    > on separate scsi controllers. I've had trouble with this backup for
    > months.
    > After trying everything I knew to try, I had IBM replace the system board
    > and
    > scsi cable to see if that helped. It turned out that my ORIGINAL problem
    > was
    > probably being caused by bad media. Now, though, after putting the
    > ORIGINAL
    > system board back in due to a bad network interface on the replacement, My
    > OS
    > had to be 'repaired'. my backup now fails with an immediate error, "the
    > requested media failed to mount. the operation was aborted." It will,
    > however, work with a trial version of Veritas Backup Exec. I have scoured
    > the
    > earth looking for an answer. Is there anyone who can assist me?

+ Reply to Thread