Win2000 cdrom/dvd - Storage

This is a discussion on Win2000 cdrom/dvd - Storage ; My cdrom is not seen in win2000 system info,or my computer.It's not in disk management. Doesn't auto play cd's.It used to work ok The drive was replaced with a known good one. I can boot from the drive. Not sure ...

  1. Win2000 cdrom/dvd

    My cdrom is not seen in win2000 system info,or my computer.It's not in disk
    management. Doesn't auto play cd's.It used to work ok The drive was replaced
    with a known good one. I can boot from the drive. Not sure what to do?
    Thanks for any help,
    Jess

  2. Re: Win2000 cdrom/dvd

    Did you uninstall the old CD-ROM drive in Device Manager before installing
    the new one?

    Have you tried checking the device in Device Manager to see if the new
    CD-ROM drive shows up?

    If the new CD=ROM drive doesn't show up, try using the Add New Hardware
    Wizard in Control Panel.

    Depending on the drive, you might also need the drivers if they aren't
    already supplied with Windows.

    Hope this helps,

    Michael McConnell
    Technical Writer
    Windows Server User Assistance

    "Jess Bonnell" wrote in message
    > My cdrom is not seen in win2000 system info,or my computer.It's not in

    disk
    > management. Doesn't auto play cd's.It used to work ok The drive was

    replaced
    > with a known good one. I can boot from the drive. Not sure what to do?
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Jess

+ Reply to Thread