Hiding folders - Storage

This is a discussion on Hiding folders - Storage ; Dear all, I'm running 2003 server with about 100 clients, some XP pro some ME/98. I have several folders like finance which I'd like to hide from view when users access the server unless they have the correct permissions. No ...

  1. Hiding folders

    Dear all, I'm running 2003 server with about 100 clients, some XP pro some
    ME/98. I have several folders like finance which I'd like to hide from view
    when users access the server unless they have the correct permissions. No
    matter what I try I can only denie access but can hide, any takers? manythanks

  2. Re: Hiding folders

    When you create the sharename add $ to the end of the sharename.

    --
    Keith Hageman
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Andyinjapan" wrote in message
    > Dear all, I'm running 2003 server with about 100 clients, some XP pro some
    > ME/98. I have several folders like finance which I'd like to hide from
    > view
    > when users access the server unless they have the correct permissions. No
    > matter what I try I can only denie access but can hide, any takers?
    > manythanks

  3. Re: Hiding folders

    Novel works this way automatically. If you have no permission to a folder,
    you don't know it exists.

    $ on sharenames work, but require another step

    "Andyinjapan" wrote in message
    > Dear all, I'm running 2003 server with about 100 clients, some XP pro some
    > ME/98. I have several folders like finance which I'd like to hide from

    view
    > when users access the server unless they have the correct permissions. No
    > matter what I try I can only denie access but can hide, any takers?

    manythanks

+ Reply to Thread