What is the max addressible storage limit for WSS? - Storage

This is a discussion on What is the max addressible storage limit for WSS? - Storage ; I have been searching everywhere on the MS site and can not find the max addressible storage limit for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Storage Server 2003. I need to know the difference between the two if there is one ...

  1. What is the max addressible storage limit for WSS?

    I have been searching everywhere on the MS site and can not find the max
    addressible storage limit for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Storage Server
    2003. I need to know the difference between the two if there is one and what
    WSS can handle.

    Any help would be appreciated!
    Chaz Spahn, MCSE:Security

  2. Re: What is the max addressible storage limit for WSS?

    The limits are the same for both. This paper has the most recent information
    (some errors still in this paper - I made a few corrections)

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...c#_Toc74470141

    Check back for any updates.

    Feature
    OS version
    Theoretical
    Tested

    Maximum NTFS volume size
    Windows 2000 Server
    256 Terabytes (64 TB with Windows Volume Manager)

    16 Terabytes using 64 KB cluster size

    Windows Server 2003
    256 Terabytes (64 TB with Windows Volume Manager)

    16 Terabytes using 64 KB cluster size

    Maximum dynamic volume size
    Windows 2000 Server
    256 Terabytes (64 TB with Windows Volume Manager)
    2 Terabytes basic volume

    64 Terabytes (Raid-0)

    62 Terabytes (RAID-5)

    Window Server 2003
    256 Terabytes (64 TB with Windows Volume Manager)
    2 Terabytes basic volume

    64 Terabytes (Raid-0)

    62 Terabytes (RAID-5)

    Maximum file size on a volume

    Windows 2000 Server
    16 terabytes
    16 Terabytes using 64 KB clusters

    Window Server 2003
    16 terabytes
    16 Terabytes using 64 KB clusters

    Maximum number of files on a volume
    Windows 2000 Server
    4,294,967,295 files
    20,000,000 files

    Window Server 2003
    4,294,967,295 files
    4,294,967,295 files

    Maximum number of volumes per server
    Windows 2000 Server

    ~1400 volumes

    Window Server 2003
    none (basic)

    ~1000 dynamic
    ~2000 volumes

    "Chaz Spahn" wrote in message
    >I have been searching everywhere on the MS site and can not find the max
    >addressible storage limit for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Storage Server
    >2003. I need to know the difference between the two if there is one and
    >what WSS can handle.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    > Chaz Spahn, MCSE:Security

+ Reply to Thread