Raxco Perfect 6.0 Disk Won't Run - Storage

This is a discussion on Raxco Perfect 6.0 Disk Won't Run - Storage ; I have Raxco Perfect Disk 6.0 on a Win XP SP2 RTM box using NTFS. I haven't had any problems with XP SP2, but all of a sudden today when I try to run it, I get an error message ...

  1. Raxco Perfect 6.0 Disk Won't Run

    I have Raxco Perfect Disk 6.0 on a Win XP SP2 RTM box using NTFS. I haven't
    had any problems with XP SP2, but all of a sudden today when I try to run
    it, I get an error message that "Perfect Disk lost connection with PD engine
    on Computername." When I check services, both services needed to run the
    engine are started. Event Viewer has this:

    "Faulting application PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, faulting module
    PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, fault address 0x0002a852"
    I went to Raxco's site and downloaded a file that is supposed to optimize
    the Windows SP2 firewall for PD--that ran at the command prompt, but I have
    been running on SP2 for a while with no problems. The file is here:

    http://www.raxco.com/support/windows...isk60_faqs.cfm

    "Raxco Software has created a command line script that can be used to
    quickly and easily configure the built-in firewall to add PerfectDisk to the
    allowed programs to connect through the Windows XP SP2 Internet Connection
    Firewall (ICF) on the local subnet only.

    Please download XPSP2_Config.zip, extract XPSP2_Config.bat and execute on
    all Windows XP SP2 systems that have PerfectDisk installed."

    I can't find anything in the KBs on Raxco's site, nor any other update that
    is available.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Chad Harris

  2. Re: Raxco Perfect 6.0 Disk Won't Run

    I'm not seeing that here but why not give them a call.
    http://www.raxco.com/company/contact.cfm

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Chad Harris" wrote:
    |I have Raxco Perfect Disk 6.0 on a Win XP SP2 RTM box using NTFS. I
    haven't
    | had any problems with XP SP2, but all of a sudden today when I try to run
    | it, I get an error message that "Perfect Disk lost connection with PD
    engine
    | on Computername." When I check services, both services needed to run the
    | engine are started. Event Viewer has this:
    |
    | "Faulting application PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, faulting module
    | PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, fault address 0x0002a852"
    | I went to Raxco's site and downloaded a file that is supposed to optimize
    | the Windows SP2 firewall for PD--that ran at the command prompt, but I
    have
    | been running on SP2 for a while with no problems. The file is here:
    |
    | http://www.raxco.com/support/windows...isk60_faqs.cfm
    |
    | "Raxco Software has created a command line script that can be used to
    | quickly and easily configure the built-in firewall to add PerfectDisk to
    the
    | allowed programs to connect through the Windows XP SP2 Internet Connection
    | Firewall (ICF) on the local subnet only.
    |
    | Please download XPSP2_Config.zip, extract XPSP2_Config.bat and execute on
    | all Windows XP SP2 systems that have PerfectDisk installed."
    |
    | I can't find anything in the KBs on Raxco's site, nor any other update
    that
    | is available.
    |
    | Any help would be appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks,