VSS SDK : Writer question - Storage

This is a discussion on VSS SDK : Writer question - Storage ; Hi, Writing a VSS aware application, I have noticed that while doing a backup of files not declared by my application, I'm still receiving the events OnPrepareSnapshot and OnThaw. In the OnIdentify, I'm adding my files like this : hrStatus ...

  1. VSS SDK : Writer question

    Hi,

    Writing a VSS aware application, I have noticed that while doing a
    backup of files not declared by my application, I'm still receiving the
    events OnPrepareSnapshot and OnThaw.

    In the OnIdentify, I'm adding my files like this :
    hrStatus = pIVssCreateWriterMetadata->AddComponent
    (VSS_CT_FILEGROUP,NULL,L"group",L"caption",NULL,0,true,false,false);
    hrStatus = pIVssCreateWriterMetadata->AddFilesToFileGroup
    (NULL,L"group",(LPCWSTR)wDir,(LPCWSTR)wfileName,FALSE,NULL);

    Where wDir is d:\data and wfileName is manager.db

    What a I missing ?

    Thanks
    Seb

  2. Re: VSS SDK : Writer question

    This is a development question that is best sent to the VSS alias listed in
    your SDK.

    --
    Keith Hageman
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "seb" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Writing a VSS aware application, I have noticed that while doing a backup
    > of files not declared by my application, I'm still receiving the events
    > OnPrepareSnapshot and OnThaw.
    >
    > In the OnIdentify, I'm adding my files like this :
    > hrStatus = pIVssCreateWriterMetadata->AddComponent
    > (VSS_CT_FILEGROUP,NULL,L"group",L"caption",NULL,0,true,false,false);
    > hrStatus = pIVssCreateWriterMetadata->AddFilesToFileGroup
    > (NULL,L"group",(LPCWSTR)wDir,(LPCWSTR)wfileName,FALSE,NULL);
    >
    > Where wDir is d:\data and wfileName is manager.db
    >
    > What a I missing ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Seb

+ Reply to Thread