Re: VSS and Restore of Exchange 2003 - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: VSS and Restore of Exchange 2003 - Storage ; If I understand that correctly, restoration is to put the data back from the tape, and then use VSS restore process from there, right? What problem are you having? "Fred" wrote in message news:AFB906BF-A24F-4694-A09F-3211142291AE@microsoft.com... > I have been testing a ...

  1. Re: VSS and Restore of Exchange 2003

    "Fred" wrote in message
    > I have been testing a provider and requestor for VSS by VERITAS. The

    requestor is a command line implementation and the provider works with
    the.ir volume snapshotting. I am trying to combine this into a off-host
    backup solution. I have scripted most of the work for the backup process and
    I am able to backup a snapshot to tape via another server once the volume is
    mounted.

    > I have issue with regards to the restoration process. I am simply

    recovering the data back to the original data areas in the event of a
    disaster.

    > Has anyone else tried this? Had problems restoring or know of a off the

    self solution to provide off-host backup for Exchange via VSS?

  2. Re: VSS and Restore of Exchange 2003

    Please explain exactly what you are trying to do and what problems you are
    having with that process.

    --
    Joseph Hand
    VERITAS Software Corporation

    "Al Mulnick" wrote in message
    > If I understand that correctly, restoration is to put the data back from

    the
    > tape, and then use VSS restore process from there, right?
    > What problem are you having?
    >
    > "Fred" wrote in message
    > > I have been testing a provider and requestor for VSS by VERITAS. The

    > requestor is a command line implementation and the provider works with
    > the.ir volume snapshotting. I am trying to combine this into a off-host
    > backup solution. I have scripted most of the work for the backup process

    and
    > I am able to backup a snapshot to tape via another server once the volume

    is
    > mounted.
    > >
    > > I have issue with regards to the restoration process. I am simply

    > recovering the data back to the original data areas in the event of a
    > disaster.
    > >
    > > Has anyone else tried this? Had problems restoring or know of a off the

    > self solution to provide off-host backup for Exchange via VSS?

+ Reply to Thread