WSS 2003 and DFS - Storage

This is a discussion on WSS 2003 and DFS - Storage ; I recently bought an HP NAS w/ WSS 2003. I am looking to configure DFS for my organization. Can this be done on the NAS device? Or is it done on a stand-alone server? I am just trying to figure ...

  1. WSS 2003 and DFS

    I recently bought an HP NAS w/ WSS 2003. I am looking to configure DFS for my organization. Can this be done on the NAS device? Or is it done on a stand-alone server? I am just trying to figure out the best way to ensure easy integration of future NAS devices and also an easier way for users to get to their documents. Thanks!

  2. Re: WSS 2003 and DFS

    You can configure a stand alone DFS root on your NAS device the same way you
    would do it on Windows Server 2003.

    --
    thanks,

    Michael Michael [MSFT]

    "Jeremy" wrote in message
    > I recently bought an HP NAS w/ WSS 2003. I am looking to configure DFS

    for my organization. Can this be done on the NAS device? Or is it done on
    a stand-alone server? I am just trying to figure out the best way to ensure
    easy integration of future NAS devices and also an easier way for users to
    get to their documents. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread