iSCSI from ARDIS and Microsoft initiator - Storage

This is a discussion on iSCSI from ARDIS and Microsoft initiator - Storage ; Hi everyboby, I have instaled ARDIS iSCSI target software on a linux machine an iSCSI initiator ond a windows machines. Can the disk which is a iSCS target be used at the same time but NOT in read-only mode? Best ...

  1. iSCSI from ARDIS and Microsoft initiator

    Hi everyboby,

    I have instaled ARDIS iSCSI target software on a linux machine an
    iSCSI initiator ond a windows machines. Can the disk which is a iSCS
    target be used at the same time but NOT in read-only mode?

    Best regard

    -
    pliv

  2. Re: iSCSI from ARDIS and Microsoft initiator

    Yes, you can. However not with the "generic" file systems. Distributed
    locks are required if the same volume would be accessed in read-write
    mode from the different nodes.

    Currenlty we're looking for such a file system (which would cost less
    then Ferrari F50 to license) to ship together with our own iSCSI
    target/initiator software for Windows. No big success yet...

    Regards,
    Anton Kolomyeytsev

    CEO, Rocket Division Software

    pliva wrote in message news:...
    > Hi everyboby,
    >
    > I have instaled ARDIS iSCSI target software on a linux machine and
    > iSCSI initiator ond a windows machines. Can the disk which is a iSCSI
    > target be used at the same time but NOT in read-only mode?
    >
    > Best regards

+ Reply to Thread