EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003 - Storage

This is a discussion on EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003 - Storage ; Hi, I have a question on Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Storage Server 2003: Does anyone know if a "Snap Appliance 4500" NAS box will run an exchange database in the same way that a storage server 2003 NAS ...

  1. EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003

    Hi,

    I have a question on Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Storage Server 2003:

    Does anyone know if a "Snap Appliance 4500" NAS box will run an exchange
    database in the same way that a storage server 2003 NAS box will ?

    Many Thanks
    Amjad

  2. Re: EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003

    The supportability of the Exchange data on a NAS is based on the "Feature
    Pack" for StorageServer2003.

    So, unless the NAS is running the Storage Server O/S, it shouldnt work and
    probably wouldnt be supported.

    As always, just my opinion...

    jason

    "Amjad" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question on Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Storage Server

    2003:

    > Does anyone know if a "Snap Appliance 4500" NAS box will run an exchange
    > database in the same way that a storage server 2003 NAS box will ?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Amjad

  3. Re: EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003

    Jason,

    You have any idea how to get this featurepack? I can't find it anywhere.

    Thanks,
    --
    Steven Bink
    Windows Server MVP

    "Jason Buffington" wrote:

    > The supportability of the Exchange data on a NAS is based on the "Feature
    > Pack" for StorageServer2003.
    >
    > So, unless the NAS is running the Storage Server O/S, it shouldnt work and
    > probably wouldnt be supported.
    >
    > As always, just my opinion...
    >
    > jason
    >
    > "Amjad" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a question on Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Storage Server

    > 2003:
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if a "Snap Appliance 4500" NAS box will run an exchange
    > > database in the same way that a storage server 2003 NAS box will ?
    > >
    > > Many Thanks
    > > Amjad

  4. Re: EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003

    It is only available via OEMs.

    Pat

    "Steven Bink (MVP)" wrote in
    message news:A867A9D0-6456-4E05-8576-1C73C98237A9@microsoft.com...
    > Jason,
    >
    > You have any idea how to get this featurepack? I can't find it anywhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Steven Bink
    > Windows Server MVP
    > Setup & Deployment
    > http://bink.nu
    >

    > "Jason Buffington" wrote:
    >
    >> The supportability of the Exchange data on a NAS is based on the "Feature
    >> Pack" for StorageServer2003.
    >>
    >> So, unless the NAS is running the Storage Server O/S, it shouldnt work
    >> and
    >> probably wouldnt be supported.
    >>
    >> As always, just my opinion...
    >>
    >> jason
    >>
    >> "Amjad" wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I have a question on Exchange 2003 running on a Windows Storage Server

    >> 2003:
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone know if a "Snap Appliance 4500" NAS box will run an
    >> > exchange
    >> > database in the same way that a storage server 2003 NAS box will ?
    >> >
    >> > Many Thanks
    >> > Amjad

  5. Re: EXCHANGE 2003 on a Windows Storage Server 2003

    There is an article about Windows Storage Server in this in this month's
    Windows and .NET Magazine (I hope there is - it is certainly in the
    Australian edition) by Mark Smith titled "The Windows storage ecosystem".

    "Pat [MSFT]" wrote in message
    > It is only available via OEMs.
    >

    > Pat
    >

    > "Steven Bink (MVP)" wrote in
    > message news:A867A9D0-6456-4E05-8576-1C73C98237A9@microsoft.com...
    > > Jason,
    > >
    > > You have any idea how to get this featurepack? I can't find it anywhere.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > --
    > > Steven Bink
    > > Windows Server MVP
    > > Setup & Deployment
    > > http://bink.nu
    > >

    > > "Jason Buffington" wrote:
    > >
    > >> The supportability of the Exchange data on a NAS is based on the

    "Feature
    > >> Pack" for StorageServer2003.
    > >>
    > >> So, unless the NAS is running the Storage Server O/S, it shouldnt work
    > >> and
    > >> probably wouldnt be supported.
    > >>
    > >> As always, just my opinion...
    > >>
    > >> jason