about redirect to read from and write to a specific file - Storage

This is a discussion on about redirect to read from and write to a specific file - Storage ; Hollo All: I had writed a File System Filter Driver based on hooking one specific logic volume device. I want to redirect for reading from and writting to some files within one same that logic volume device has been hooked. ...

  1. about redirect to read from and write to a specific file

    Hollo All:

    I had writed a File System Filter Driver based on hooking one specific
    logic volume device. I want to redirect for reading from and writting to
    some files within one same that logic volume device has been hooked.
    Example: I had hooked a logic volume device : "D:\"
    When application or user program read or write these files in
    volume hooked "D:\1.dat", then I want to return data from Read option by
    other file in different location---- "E:\1.dat". So I handle a lot of IRP
    request and some FastIoDispach, but when application opened this file, it
    always appears a message box that means --- "Not enough memory available to
    complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase available
    memory, and then try again." And returns nothing data.

    Now I dont understand this reason cause this notice event. Maybe some IRP
    and FastIoDispach request handles is incorrect or others request was not
    handled.

    Please help me.

    Best Regards.

    Vic

  2. Re: about redirect to read from and write to a specific file

    Hello All:

    Sorry! That file name has opened was not "D:\1.dat", the correct file name
    was "D:\1.txt", the file name redirected was "E:\1.txt", and application is
    windows explorer.
    My platform is Win2K (Pro) + SP4.

    Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Best Reguards

    Vic

    "Vic.Dong" дʼ
    > Hollo All:
    >
    > I had writed a File System Filter Driver based on hooking one specific
    > logic volume device. I want to redirect for reading from and writting to
    > some files within one same that logic volume device has been hooked.
    > Example: I had hooked a logic volume device : "D:\"
    > When application or user program read or write these files in
    > volume hooked "D:\1.dat", then I want to return data from Read option by
    > other file in different location---- "E:\1.dat". So I handle a lot of IRP
    > request and some FastIoDispach, but when application opened this file, it
    > always appears a message box that means --- "Not enough memory available

    > complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase

    available
    > memory, and then try again." And returns nothing data.
    >
    > Now I dont understand this reason cause this notice event. Maybe some IRP
    > and FastIoDispach request handles is incorrect or others request was not
    > handled.
    >
    > Please help me.
    >

    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Vic

  3. Re: about redirect to read from and write to a specific file

    If I understand what you are trying to do, there is a feature in Windows
    called Mount Points to do this.

    --
    Keith Hageman
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Vic.Dong" wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Sorry! That file name has opened was not "D:\1.dat", the correct file name
    > was "D:\1.txt", the file name redirected was "E:\1.txt", and application
    > is
    > windows explorer.
    > My platform is Win2K (Pro) + SP4.
    >
    > Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Best Reguards
    >
    > Vic
    >

    > "Vic.Dong" дʼ
    >> Hollo All:
    >>
    >> I had writed a File System Filter Driver based on hooking one specific
    >> logic volume device. I want to redirect for reading from and writting to
    >> some files within one same that logic volume device has been hooked.
    >> Example: I had hooked a logic volume device : "D:\"
    >> When application or user program read or write these files in
    >> volume hooked "D:\1.dat", then I want to return data from Read option by
    >> other file in different location---- "E:\1.dat". So I handle a lot of IRP
    >> request and some FastIoDispach, but when application opened this file, it
    >> always appears a message box that means --- "Not enough memory available

    >> complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase

    > available
    >> memory, and then try again." And returns nothing data.
    >>
    >> Now I dont understand this reason cause this notice event. Maybe some
    >> IRP
    >> and FastIoDispach request handles is incorrect or others request was not
    >> handled.
    >>
    >> Please help me.
    >>

    >> Best Regards.
    >>
    >> Vic